Calendar of Events
- This event has passed.
Shop Small & Win – SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY 11/30
November 30, 2019 - December 8, 2019
Small Business Saturday
Shop Local, Eight Days a Week Passport Promotion
Engage your customers with the Small Business Saturday Passport. Give your customers a passport, leading up to Small Business Saturday (11/30). From Saturday, November 30, through Sunday, December 8, encourage your customers to explore all that Carroll County Downtown Businesses have to offer!
Here’s how it works:
- Make any 8 purchases (each at different businesses) during this 8 day period for a chance to win one of TWENTY $50 gift certificates, good at ANY of the participating businesses!
- Turn in your completed passport to any Library location by Tuesday, December 4 for a chance to win!
- The Drawing will be LIVE on Facebook on Friday, December 13th at 1:00 PM
What the Businesses Do:
1. Hand out the passports to all customers. No purchase necessary to get a passport.
2. Promote the passport and cross promote Shopping Small on your social media and other methods.
3. When a customer makes a purchase, initial where indicated on the passport to show they were at your store – and be sure to write the name of your store next to your initials.
4. Remind customers to fill in their contact info.
Customers turn in their completed passports to any Carroll County Public Library.
Hours of operation: Mon – Thurs 9am to 8:45pm, Fri – Sat 9am to 5pm; Sunday 1 to 5pm.
- Eldersburg – 6400 W. Hemlock Avenue
- Finksburg – 2265 Old Westminster Pike
- Mount Airy – 705 Ridge Avenue
- North Carroll – 2255 Hanover Pike
- Taneytown – 10 Grand Drive
- Westminster – 50 East Main Street
Q: Is there a minimum purchase amount?
A: No minimum – any purchase counts, but they do need to buy something.
Q: They’ve already been here once and want to get another circle initialed – what do I do?
A: Only passports with (8) different businesses will qualify – encourage them to shop at your neighbors’ stores and restaurants!
Q: What does the customer do with the Passport once filled?
A: They are to drop off their completed passport at one of the (6)
Carroll County Public Library locations prior to the close-of-business
Tuesday, December 6.
Q: How do you select who will win?
A: We will hold a Facebook Live event on Friday, December 13th at 1pm in Westminster. The random twenty winners will also be notified by email.
Q: How does the Passport get reimbursed to the business owner?
A: Thanks to Carroll County Tourism, there is no cost to you if one of the twenty winners redeem their winning certificates at your place of business. If you receive the certificate contact Sandy Anderson to get reimbursed $50.
Q: Who do I contact if I need more passports?
A: Hampstead: Tammi Ledley 410-239-7408
Manchester: Michelle Wilder 410-239-3200
Mount Airy: Ashley Collier 301-829-1424
New Windsor: Kimberlee Schultz 443-340-8056
Sykesville: Julia Della-Maria 410-795-8959
Taneytown: Nancy McCormick 410-751-1100
Westminster: Sandy Anderson 410-848-9000